Thoughts of a philosopher dedicated to Karen

It's hard to think of something, interesting, personal, yet fun to write about. I keep digging in my mind but the harder I dig the less I find. Giving it a second thought; my life is quite boring to retell to a person who I've lived with for 10 months. In Sweden, life's pretty dull during fall, we're back in school, trying to realize it's not summer any more. I am falling deeper into the ditch of homework, doing my best trying to keep up with the teachers, keeping the same pace as they do. Just life, you know.

I'm probably giving you the impression it's all boring over here. I promise you; it is not. As I told Rico: Swedes are crazy. If we want life to be fun.. we'll make it fun. At least we're giving it a try, LOL.

Lately I've been trying to figure out the meaning of life. I mean.. everything is happening for a reason, right. I wasn't born just because of the fact of being born. I was born to DO something, bring something to this world, I wasn't born just to... sit there. I've always been thinking; Why are the human beings existing at all? There has to be some kind of plan. What if we all just are living in a game like The Sims. Imagine there is somebody playing around on his/hers computer telling you what you are supposed to do. Take a shower, walk the dog, have dinner, go on a vacation, go to school, go grocery shopping, play a game.. you know, all that. Verbs. What if, like we've been told, life is a game? I mean litterary a game.

While being a philosopher, this one question popped up in my head, just like that, out of the blue sky;
If life is a game...
... how do we score?

That is a tricky one, right?
- Yup.
I'll go to bed and think about it for a little bit longer, hoping I'll find the answer before I'm six feet under.

Good night.

1 kommentarer:

Unknown said...

Hummm......how do we score??I kinda see life different from you... I guess because I am a little bit older. I feel that God put us here for a reason. He gives each person a mission Its up to us to find the mission that he has set for us. I feel we score when we do things that are pleasing in his sight. An when we complete his mission... we score. But then again I guess there is many ways to score.... choose one. We miss you Luara. You brought so much excitement to our house. I miss your smile, I miss the friendship that we share, I miss the swedish meatballs & salmon, I miss seeing you and Nicky together "acting" like sweet sister, I miss you telling me that I over slept again every morning ... lol, I miss our Texas Holdem game nights (I think our last poker game was the best.), I miss the sleep overs-tp, I miss soccer... Man the list could go on and on, but mostly we miss you!! We Love You!! Your Texas Family-JR, Karen, Nicky Mackey ily!